Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Remembrances and Restlessness

When I was young, I would walk everywhere. I was too young to drive, but too restless to sit around. Within a one mile radius of my house, there were suburban homes in all directions, a gravel pit (we called it "fake lake") with woods and weed packed field, retail stores and industrial developments.

When you are on foot, you get a completely different sense of your surroundings then you would from a car. You can take adventurous short-cuts. You find all kinds of things. You get scared thinking that no one would ever know how to find you. You find little places most people will never know exist.

Well I might soon have to make a trip back to the old neighborhood and take a walk around.

I am feeling restless, but there is snow and I don't need to go anywhere. For consolation, I ventured outside and took a few shots.










No comments: